Mar 23, 2009

Car Troubles: Oil Leeks

Well too make a long story shorter....

Thursday, as usual, I went to the gym at 5:30. I get done a little after 6 and go to start up my car... nothing.. well... it made some noises which I later learned to call it "the engine was turning over" but it just wasn't turning on. So I thought to myself, maybe it's the battery? Jump starting the car is probably the only thing ever saw my parents do mechanically with their cars.

I found a nice older lady to help me jump start my car. Nope. So I called AAA and go back inside the gym and started talking the older gentleman who runs the place in the morning. A younger gentleman, hearing my plight, asked me if the lights were dim. I go no. He said it wasn't the battery then but maybe my oil.

So out we go, because he wants to check my oil, and I wasn't going to refuse. I watched closely and I know know where my "dip stick" is and how to check my oil. Useful things, huh? And indeed my oil was low- next to nothing. He offered to go get me oil. Being that I thought AAA was going to come sooner than they did, I said I'd let AAA know, it didn't cost me anything anyways with AAA. No grandma, I didn't get his name though it crossed my mind that it might be the polite thing to do, but then again, we were all in our gym clothes so maybe we don't want to be known! Anyway, if I ever see him again, I'll have to introduce myself as, "Remember me, I the girl with the low oil." Some reason being identified with that strikes me as rather humorous.

AAA finally came and told him the tell. So he takes my keys to check out what the car was doing. And behold the car just up and started! So he checked my oil also and indeed the consensus was it was low. So we got it filled and went on my merry way... until Saturday.

Saturday, I did the smart thing and took it to be checked out. My car has a major leek in the head gasket. So.. it's being fixed. My friends Tom & Ali have let me borrowed there car a bit and we've been car-pooling. Hopefully the car will be done tomorrow.

So that is the tale of the oil leek.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I did not know that AAA would fix low oil. Glad you got your leak fixed and that it happened at an easy location (not on one of your travels).