
Sometimes... you have to learn your lessons the hard way.... So my weekend more mindless therapeutic project was making a dress. Mom and bought me the materials while she was visiting and got me re-oriented to sewing. It probably had been 4 years.
So I was following this easy pattern right. All was going well. The back was bit big, it usually is. So I so the top band around and something is just horribly wrong. I expected the back to be a little big, but the band to match it! So I um improvised and sewed out a huge chunk in the back effectively making it look like I had sewn two pieces to being with. It must have been a good 4-5 inches when all done. But it worked and still looked good! Would have liked it to fit around the waist and hips a little bit better, but nothing really does. This after all was the experiment dress to know how to modify the a pattern and the dress will definitely still be usable!
So, I start to iron the bottom hem in preparation to sew... and I notice these funny cuts, triangle shape at the bottom of the back piece. Any guesses? I had turned the back piece upside down... which to be fair was similar shape, just one end was 4-5 inches wider than the other end.

No comments:
Post a Comment