Jan 16, 2009

A Frozen Day

A faint warm whisper rushes by my left side fighting, preserving against the frozen world wanting to invade into my little corner of the world. We'd be lucky if we had a high of 10F today. But we are prepared, as my roommates and I filled our oil tank full this week. And nothing that pre-heating your car and bundling up can't fix, even at 5:15 am in the morning to go to the gym.

Last night after Bible study, I took two of the girls to Walmart. When it's cold out, your breathing can cause fogginess on the inside right? Last night, it more than fogged... our moisture was frosting on the inside of my car. The two girls etched their names in the frost on the inside of my car. "JK" commented that she was having a lot of winter first here in PA as we do get colder than Maryland.

So tonight... I'm staying indoors... going to eat home-made pizza with the roommates, stuff newsletters, and work on a house project. Candy gave me a mirror that had a gold frame. I'm a mission to paint it black to match the decor we are putting up in our "Cafe" room.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You went to the gym at 5 in the morning when it's THAT cold out?? Wow, that's dedication! If it drops below 40 here I don't even open the doors, no matter how badly the cats want to go out!

Miss Elizabeth said...

Yeah...well.. technically by the time I leave the house it's a little before 5:30, but I've been finding it worth it. Especially in the winter, it's hard to wake up. That little bit of exercise does wonder. If I don't get up then and exercise half asleep then I don't seem to get up at all until have to really rush to get to work. And that just sets my day up all wrong.